Friday June 29th. Charleston, South Carolina.
Breakfast in a South Carolina jungle!middle balcony was ours.So we went out in the heat on the streets to explore daytime Charleston.They had some Swedish souvenirs here strange enough! The flea market where you can buy handmade sweetgrass baskets and other cute and useful things.Then we went to the shopping street.Charleston has got one of the prettiest shopping streets. They make Forever 21 look like a nice little private owned clothing store. Almost.
And we ate lunch at this awesome sea food restaurant by the water.
After lunch we went to the beach and took a quick dip in the hot sea. I can’t think of anything better right now than huge, heavy waves that covers me from top till toe in the blink of an eye. Bam.
But we had to be realistic and realized we had about 3 days to get back to Montreal before vacation was over so we had to drive back up north. Otherwise we would have stayed. Forever.
Here is 15 reasons why:
1. Palm trees.
2. Warm sea with huge waves. (Sullivan beach!)
3. Heat. Because I hate cold.
4. The cutest city centre where the biggest of retail chains looks like that local village shop from the 1850’s.
5. The vintage shops are filled with goodies. FILLED. One even had a huge section with only Chanel.
6. Horses and buggies.
7. Nice people with funny accents.
8. Voted second best dressed city in America after New York.
9. Voted sexiest city in America. Voted the most friendly and most hospitable too.
10. The city started growing in the 1690’s. That’s old for being America, people.
11. It’s small and charming but still there is around 120.000 people living there.
12. The rainbow-colored houses.
13. Cheese and wine at 5 o clock on the porch.
14. Whiskey on the porch.
15. Cigarettes on the porch.